Domino’s introduces pizzas in Bengal’s famous flavours – Kasundi, Kosha and Malai2 min read
Kolkata: This Pujo, to celebrate the biggest festivities of the east and be part of the fervour, Domino’s Pizza has announced the launch of a new range of 6 new delectable pizzas inspired by the traditional Bengali palate.
Taking a cue from the authentic local relishes, often prepared and enjoyed during Durga Pujo, the most celebrated festival in the eastern region, Domino’s has introduced pizzas in Bangla’s famous flavours – Kasundi, Kosha, and Malai.
Domino’s, known for consistently innovating its menu to cater to the varied tastes and preferences of consumers across India, has always considered the eastern region one of its flagship markets.
The launch of this new range is strategically aligned with the focus oneast India and the festivities people celebrate here. This is the first time any QSR brand has crafted its menu inspired by Bangla cuisine and the flavours of the eastern region of India.
Sameer Khetarpal, Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, Jubilant FoodWorks Limited, said, “At Domino’s, our endeavour has always been to cater to our consumers’ ever-evolving preferences. The eastern region is a key market for us and our team has focused on developing new flavours of pizzas that capture the Bangla essence. By launching the new range of pizza during the Pujo season, we are elated to be a part of the celebrations and the festivities. We look forward to expanding the range and growing further in this region.”
The exclusively crafted offering reimagines pizza with authentic Bengali flavours. The 6 New Delectable Pizzas are:
- Kasundi Chicken: A first of a kind pizza experience which helps you relish the authentic taste and flavours of Kasundi which is made with Kasundi Chicken and a gentle drizzle of Kasundi sauce.
- Kasundi Veg: Delightful Kasundi flavours on a veg pizza which is Loaded with spicy jalapenos and tomatoes and a gentle drizzle of Kasundi sauce.
- Malai Chicken: A delightful Chicken pizza whose recipe is built around the traditional combination of coconut, panchphoran coupled with mustard.
- Malai Veg: A enticing combination of spicy jalapenos and Masala Paneer which is built around the traditional combination of coconut, Panchphoran and mustard.
- Kosha Chicken: The authentic Bengali Kosha recipe Coupled with Chicken on a cheesy Domino’s pizza.
- Kosha Veg: A veg cheesy pizzas loaded with onion and mushroom made in the authentic Bengali Kosha recipe.
In-depth research conducted by Domino’s to understand the tastes and preferences of the consumers in the region revealed that the local cuisines dominated the consumers’ palate. The brand found this opportunity as a sweet spot to offer consumers a differentiated product, bringing the best of both worlds – the goodness of pizza with the authentic flavours of Bangla.